Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Update


Sorry, I've actually had real music gigs getting in the way of writing about guitars. How awful. I'll have a new entry for you shortly. Thanks for reading. Be sure to leave comments and please, please, somebody, write a story of your own and send my way.

I will add this about a guitar that will never, ever get away. This past year I custom ordered a dreadnought acoustic from one of the best, soon to be well known, luthiers in the country: Mike Franks. His M.J. Franks guitars are amazing and are a bargain compared to some of the big time names out there. But, some of the best guitar stores in the country have discovered him, so they won't be a bargain for long.

The guitar he made for me is just cream of the crop in every way, from the custom headstock inlay to the pickguard I picked out that he doesn't really care for to the brazilian rosewood back and sides he was able to get his hands on for me. If you are ever looking for a high-end acoustic, you owe it to yourself to check out an M.J. Franks. I have been playing quite a few acoustic gigs recently and this guitar makes me a better musician. Thanks Mike.

Above: Me with guest musician Matt Hensley, accordionist with Flogging Molly. Photo by Randy Laybourne.

No comments: